style: The French Twist
Beyond the edgy photos that Carine styles (think lots of skin, knives, raw meat) her personal style is actually surprisingly classic Parisian—yet slightly destroyed. It’s as if Catherine Deneuve went all Pattie Smith on us.
The secret to Carine’s style is that she knows her body and she’s firm with what she likes. It’s easy to shop when you understand what to eliminate. So, even when Carine goes casual (which is a rare moment), it doesn’t stray from her sensibility. Her over all trademarks stay in tact: black eyeliner, body con styles, hair uncombed and her men’s shirts unbuttoned low.
A Few Rules Carine Lives and Dresses By:
1. Comfort is not part of the vocabulary
2. Don’t be part of the throw away culture, buy pieces you plan to keep forever and wear often.
3. Go through your closet every five years and eliminate pieces that no longer suit you.
4. Consistent style shows confidence.
5. Wear white shoes in winter
6. Makeup shouldn’t look too perfect